Homemade Turmeric Coconut Rice
Turmeric coconut rice is the perfect fragrant side to serve on curry night! The rich and creamy flavors pair well with southeast Asian curries like Red Thai Curry and Indian curries like chicken korma curry. Our turmeric coconut rice is as easy as they come – all it needs is six ingredients and 30 minutes! That’s right, you can enjoy a homecooked Asian feast in just 30 minutes – when you can make your own coconut rice and you have Passage Foods stir-fry and simmer sauces on hand, there’s no need for takeout at all!
Turmeric Coconut Rice Recipe
Prep time: 5 minutes (plus 10 minutes standing) | Cook time: 15 minutes
Serves 4 |Difficulty: Easy
1 ¼ cups (250g) basmati rice
1 x 270ml can coconut milk
½ cup (125ml) water
½ tsp salt
½ tsp ground turmeric
2 tbsp chopped coriander
- Place rice into a fine sieve and rinse until water runs clear. Transfer to a large saucepan and add coconut milk, water, salt and turmeric; mix well. Cover with lid.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and boil for 2 minutes.
- Stir and reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and cook for a further 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stand undisturbed for 10 minutes. Fold through chopped coriander and fluff up rice.
- For microwave method, place rinsed rice and other ingredients into a microwave safe container. Cook on HIGH for 15-17 minutes. Cooking times will vary depending on the wattage of your microwave.